Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
This is an archive page for Bloomberg Government's Capital Impact radio show. Focusing on the business implications of government actions, Capital Impact explored the effects of government spending in core industries of defense, IT and technology, energy, finance, health care and transportation, and the appropriations process in Congress. For more information about Bloomberg Government, visit them online at BGov.com.
Budget, sequestration and defense sales
Thursday - 12/19/2013, 5:48pm EST
- With the 2013 calendar year coming to close, what does the outcome of Congress' budget negotiations mean for government funding next year and beyond? Bloomberg Government Senior Defense Analyst Dr. Kevin Brancato was among a group of analysts who took part in a webinar addressing that topic. Congressional Action on the Budget & Sequestration is available for free at www.bgov.com.
- We also discuss why most U.S. defense industrial capabilities aren't at risk despite tighter budgets and the wind-down from two wars. Dr. Brancato addresses the topic in a BGOV Insight titled: Defense Industrial Base Secure, Pentagon Says.
The Middle East will remain the primary source of overseas sales opportunities for U.S.-based defense companies, even as the U.S. military pivots to Asia and sustains its partnerships with European allies. What's the reasoning behind that decision? Dr. Brancato will explain on this weeks Capital Impact??
(Links above require a subscription to BGov.com.)
||Allen Scott (moderator) specializes in customer on boarding and training at Bloomberg Government. Allen previously worked at Arbitron, Inc. where he served in a variety of roles from customer service to sales operations manager. Prior to Arbitron, Allen worked in radio for several years in the Washington and Baltimore areas. Most recently he spent six years at 99.1 HFS as co-host and news director.|
||Dr. Kevin Brancato is a defense analyst at Bloomberg Government. Before joining Bloomberg, he was a management scientist at the RAND Corporation, where he analyzed weapon system costs and defense manpower policies. He received a B.A. in math from Columbia University and a Ph.D. in economics from George Mason University.|