Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
This is an archive page for Bloomberg Government's Capital Impact radio show. Focusing on the business implications of government actions, Capital Impact explored the effects of government spending in core industries of defense, IT and technology, energy, finance, health care and transportation, and the appropriations process in Congress. For more information about Bloomberg Government, visit them online at BGov.com.
Dodd-Frank update and trans fat goes away
Tuesday - 12/3/2013, 7:16pm EST
- Bloomberg Government's Senior Finance Analyst Cady North brings us up to speed with multiple topics this week including Dodd-Frank, the potential for a Volker Rule within a week, and a report card on the new SEC Charmain Mary Jo White. Cady will explain them all this week on Bloomberg Government's Capital Impact.
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on Nov. 7 announced a preliminary determination that partially hydrogenated oils, a primary source of artificial trans fats in certain types of food, are not generally recognized as safe. Bloomberg Government Senior Health Care Analyst Brian Rye discusses how removing trans fat from the nation's food supply won't hurt larger restaurants and food companies, but could be the end of smaller mom and pop shops. Are salt and sugar next?
(Links above require a subscription to BGov.com.)
||Allen Scott (moderator) specializes in customer on boarding and training at Bloomberg Government. Allen previously worked at Arbitron, Inc. where he served in a variety of roles from customer service to sales operations manager. Prior to Arbitron, Allen worked in radio for several years in the Washington and Baltimore areas. Most recently he spent six years at 99.1 HFS as co-host and news director.|
||Cady North is a finance policy analyst with Bloomberg Government. She joined Bloomberg Government from Financial Executives International, where she was senior manager of government affairs. North has a B.A. in government from the University of Texas at Austin.|
||Brian Rye is a health care financial analyst with Bloomberg Government. Before joining Bloomberg, he spent 12 years as an equity research analyst at SunTrust, Raymond James and Janney Montgomery Scott. In those capacities, he followed biotech, pharmaceutical and other health care companies. Rye also served as a senior business management analyst for Booz Allen Hamilton's civil health group. He received a bachelor's degree in economics from Vanderbilt University and holds the Chartered Financial Analyst designation.|