Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Bloomberg Government's Capital Impact airs Thursdays at 11 a.m. Focusing on the business implications of government actions, Capital Impact explores the effects of government spending in core industries of defense, IT and technology, energy, finance, health care and transportation, and the appropriations process in Congress. For more information about Bloomberg Government, visit them online at BGov.com.
NSA Surveillance and the Affordable Care Act
Thursday - 6/20/2013, 6:47pm EDT
- The National Security Agency's collection of data from Verizon Communications Inc., Google Inc., Microsoft Corp. and others may discourage customers from buying telecommunications and cloud services from U.S. companies. Computing companies may actually shift to foreign competitors rather than face possible exposure of data by U.S. based organizations. Director of Technology and Telecommunications Allan Holmes joins the program to tell us what is truly at stake.
- The rollout of "Obamacare" means a lot of changes for urban non-profit hospitals. Incentives that were once available will no longer exist as the uninsured become policy holders. Is consolidation the answer? One hospital currently navigating the waters is Jersey City Medical Center. With five years under his belt as President and CEO of JCMC, Joseph Scott details the issue on this weeks Capital Impact.
Articles from BGov.com require a subscription.
||Allen Scott (moderator) specializes in customer on boarding and training at Bloomberg Government. Allen previously worked at Arbitron, Inc. where he served in a variety of roles from customer service to sales operations manager. Prior to Arbitron, Allen worked in radio for several years in the Washington and Baltimore areas. Most recently he spent six years at 99.1 HFS as co-host and news director.|
||Allan Holmes is the technology team leader at Bloomberg Government, working with a team of analysts who cover technology regulation, legislation and spending. Holmes previously worked at National Journal providing breaking news for government technology executives and contractors on IT purchasing and management. He holds a Masters in Public Policy from Duke University and an undergraduate degree in journalism from the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill.|
||Joe Scott, president and CEO of Jersey City Medical Center has been integral in the financial turnaround of a hospital on the verge of bankruptcy. Since 2007 he's managed to make a non-profit hospital profitable and at the same time firmly place the hospital on the Becker Hospital Review list of the "Top 100 Places to Work".|