Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
This is an archive page for Bloomberg Government's Capital Impact radio show. Focusing on the business implications of government actions, Capital Impact explored the effects of government spending in core industries of defense, IT and technology, energy, finance, health care and transportation, and the appropriations process in Congress. For more information about Bloomberg Government, visit them online at BGov.com.
Cybersecurity executive order
Thursday - 2/21/2013, 6:37pm EST
- Prior to the State of the Union Address, the President signed an Executive Order titled Improving Critical Infrastructure. This order was signed in response to the failure of the 112th Congress to agree on the CyberSecurity Act of 2012. Obviously an executive order was not the way Congress intended the law to be enforced, but it may provide the framework for additional discussion on the Hill. BGOV's Senior Technology/Telecom Analyst Afzal Bari and Alan Holmes, director of Technology Telecommunications Research, join the program to break down the executive order into the good, the bad, and the indifferent.
Articles from BGov.com require a subscription.
||Allen Scott (moderator) specializes in customer on boarding and training at Bloomberg Government. Allen previously worked at Arbitron, Inc. where he served in a variety of roles from customer service to sales operations manager. Prior to Arbitron, Allen worked in radio for several years in the Washington and Baltimore areas. Most recently he spent six years at 99.1 HFS as co-host and news director.|
||Afzal Bari is a financial analyst at Bloomberg Government, focusing on technology and telecommunications. He advised senior executives at large global firms as a strategy consultant with the Corporate Executive Board. Bari holds an MBA from Duke University and undergraduate degrees in information technology and government.|
||Allan Holmes is the technology team leader at Bloomberg Government, working with a team of analysts who cover technology regulation, legislation and spending. Holmes previously worked at National Journal providing breaking news for government technology executives and contractors on IT purchasing and management. He holds a Masters in Public Policy from Duke University and an undergraduate degree in journalism from the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill.|