Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Bloomberg Government's Capital Impact airs Thursdays at 11 a.m. Focusing on the business implications of government actions, Capital Impact explores the effects of government spending in core industries of defense, IT and technology, energy, finance, health care and transportation, and the appropriations process in Congress. For more information about Bloomberg Government, visit them online at BGov.com.
Technology and lobbying in 2012
Thursday - 1/3/2013, 7:00pm EST
- Bloomberg Government's lead technology analyst Allan Holmes joins the program to review the attempt and ultimate failure of cybersecurity legislation in 2012. We review the stumbling blocks along the way, and revisit the top 10 cybersecurity failures of 2012, including LinkedIn and Bank of America.
- Dr.Peter Brusoe will show us the money. Our resident data analyst walks you through the top lobbying for 2012 and super-pacs. There was a lot of money spent on behalf of candidates, but did it push the needle?
||Allen Scott (moderator) specializes in customer on boarding and training at Bloomberg Government. Allen previously worked at Arbitron, Inc. where he served in a variety of roles from customer service to sales operations manager. Prior to Arbitron, Allen worked in radio for several years in the Washington and Baltimore areas. Most recently he spent six years at 99.1 HFS as co-host and news director.|
||Allan Holmes is the technology team leader at Bloomberg Government, working with a team of analysts who cover technology regulation, legislation and spending. Holmes previously worked at National Journal providing breaking news for government technology executives and contractors on IT purchasing and management. He holds a Masters in Public Policy from Duke University and an undergraduate degree in journalism from the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill.|
||Peter Brusoe Peter Brusoe is a campaign finance data analyst for Bloomberg Government. Before joining Bloomberg he was a research associate with the Campaign Finance Institute where he co-authored a number of studies examining the confluence of campaign finance law and contributions. He received a B.A. in History and Political Science from the University at Albany, SUNY, an M.A. in Political Science from the Nelson A. Rockefeller College of Public Affairs and policy and a Ph.D. in political science from American University.|