Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Bloomberg Government's Capital Impact airs Thursdays at 11 a.m. Focusing on the business implications of government actions, Capital Impact explores the effects of government spending in core industries of defense, IT and technology, energy, finance, health care and transportation, and the appropriations process in Congress. For more information about Bloomberg Government, visit them online at BGov.com.
Newtown Connecticut, risk management and gun lobbying
Thursday - 12/20/2012, 8:58pm EST
- The unthinkable actually happened at a place parents thought would be a safe haven for their children. A total of 26 people were killed at Sandy Hook Elementary in one of the worst mass shootings in U.S history. In the aftermath we address the topic from two different directions.
- First we look at the risk management side to determine what could have been done to prevent it and how to avoid it in the future.
- Second we'll examine President Obama's desire to do something about this. What can he do and how will that impact the NRA and other gun lobbying organizations?
||Allen Scott (moderator) specializes in customer on boarding and training at Bloomberg Government. Allen previously worked at Arbitron, Inc. where he served in a variety of roles from customer service to sales operations manager. Prior to Arbitron, Allen worked in radio for several years in the Washington and Baltimore areas. Most recently he spent six years at 99.1 HFS as co-host and news director.|
||Kiersten Todt Coon is President and CEO of Liberty Group Ventures (LGV). She develops and executes risk management strategies - including the creation and facilitation of tabletop exercises - for Fortune 500 companies, state and local governments, quasi-public entities (i.e., sports stadiums), and institutions (i.e., multi-campus universities, hospitals). She also conducts cyber security gap analyses for public, private, and non-profit entities and develops relevant solutions.|
||Julianna Goldman serves as a White House correspondent for Bloomberg Television, Bloomberg News and Bloomberg Businessweek. She is also a weekly panelist on "Political Capital with Al Hunt," airing Fridays at 9 pm ET and throughout the weekends on Bloomberg Television. Goldman joined Bloomberg in 2003 and has held numerous roles, including associate producer for Bloomberg Television's Washington, D.C.-based programming.|