Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Bloomberg Government's Capital Impact airs Thursdays at 11 a.m. Focusing on the business implications of government actions, Capital Impact explores the effects of government spending in core industries of defense, IT and technology, energy, finance, health care and transportation, and the appropriations process in Congress. For more information about Bloomberg Government, visit them online at BGov.com.
Sequester stockpiling, resiliency and Thanksgiving lobbying
Wednesday - 11/21/2012, 2:30pm EST
- It's no secret, the $54.7 billion dollars in automatic military budget cuts known as sequestration are potentially right around the corner. Defense contractors are watching anxiously to see how deeply their world will be cut, however some may have already prepared. BGOV Analyst Randy Walerius discusses defense companies stockpiling cash.
- Natural disasters are unfortunately a part of life. The devastation left in the wake of Hurricane Sandy is merely a reminder that we need to prepare ourselves for the unexpected. What lessons have we learned from past disasters, and how effective was the emergency response in the Sandy aftermath? Kiersten Todt Coon, the president of Liberty Group Ventures, specializes in developing risk-management programs and resiliency solutions and will be here to discuss the steps companies should take in the future.
- Your Thanksgiving meal typically consists of enough food to stuff you — let alone the turkey. But did you ever think about how much time and effort is put into getting that product to market so that you could put it on your table? BGOV's Data Analyst Dr. Peter Brusoe has, and he'll share his findings for you on the program. Happy Thanksgiving and bon appetit.
||Randy Walerius is a federal business intelligence analyst at Bloomberg Government. Before joining Bloomberg Government, he edited an online publication that covered public-private transportation partnerships around the world for government officials, investors and bankers. He's been a journalist for more than 20 years in the U.S. and Europe.|
||Kiersten Todt Coon is President and CEO of Liberty Group Ventures (LGV). She develops and executes risk management strategies - including the creation and facilitation of tabletop exercises - for Fortune 500 companies, state and local governments, quasi-public entities (i.e., sports stadiums), and institutions (i.e., multi-campus universities, hospitals). She also conducts cyber security gap analyses for public, private, and non-profit entities and develops relevant solutions.|
||Peter Brusoe Peter Brusoe is a campaign finance data analyst for Bloomberg Government. Before joining Bloomberg he was a research associate with the Campaign Finance Institute where he co-authored a number of studies examining the confluence of campaign finance law and contributions. He received a B.A. in History and Political Science from the University at Albany, SUNY, an M.A. in Political Science from the Nelson A. Rockefeller College of Public Affairs and policy and a Ph.D. in political science from American University.|