Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
This is an archive page for Bloomberg Government's Capital Impact radio show. Focusing on the business implications of government actions, Capital Impact explored the effects of government spending in core industries of defense, IT and technology, energy, finance, health care and transportation, and the appropriations process in Congress. For more information about Bloomberg Government, visit them online at BGov.com.
The Cybersecurity debate
Thursday - 10/18/2012, 8:21pm EDT
- The nations critical infrastructure needs to be improved to ward off a potential catastrophic cyber attack but the Cybersecurity Act of 2012 is stalled in Congress. What are the President's next steps and how much will this cost? Financial Analyst Afzal Bari and Federal Technology Analyst Jason Wilson address the issues in their latest study.
- Kiersten Todt Coon is the President and CEO of Liberty Group Ventures LLC who brings with her a wealth of risk management planning and implementation experience. She explains that a cyber attack is not about if but, when...Find out what she's telling her Fortune 500 customers about how to mitigate the risk of a cyber attack.
||Allen Scott (moderator) specializes in customer on boarding and training at Bloomberg Government. Allen previously worked at Arbitron, Inc. where he served in a variety of roles from customer service to sales operations manager. Prior to Arbitron, Allen worked in radio for several years in the Washington and Baltimore areas. Most recently he spent six years at 99.1 HFS as co-host and news director.|
||Afzal Bari is a financial analyst at Bloomberg Government, focusing on technology and telecommunications. He advised senior executives at large global firms as a strategy consultant with the Corporate Executive Board. Bari holds an MBA from Duke University and undergraduate degrees in information technology and government.|
||Jason Wilson is a federal technology analyst with Bloomberg Government. Before joining Bloomberg, he was a cybersecurity policy and strategy consultant with Booz Allen Hamilton working with clients in the intelligence community and Defense Department. He holds a master's degree in government from Georgetown University and is currently working towards a Ph.D.|
||Kiersten Todt Coon is President and CEO of Liberty Group Ventures (LGV). She develops and executes risk management strategies - including the creation and facilitation of tabletop exercises - for Fortune 500 companies, state and local governments, quasi-public entities (i.e., sports stadiums), and institutions (i.e., multi-campus universities, hospitals). She also conducts cyber security gap analyses for public, private, and non-profit entities and develops relevant solutions.|