Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Bloomberg Government's Capital Impact airs Thursdays at 11 a.m. Focusing on the business implications of government actions, Capital Impact explores the effects of government spending in core industries of defense, IT and technology, energy, finance, health care and transportation, and the appropriations process in Congress. For more information about Bloomberg Government, visit them online at BGov.com.
Sizing up the housing market and what's ahead for Dodd-Frank?
Thursday - 7/26/2012, 6:41pm EDT
- As the housing market continues to struggle, Bloomberg Government economic analyst Nela Richardson outlines key factors that will contribute to a housing recovery and identifies signs that will signal that the industry is returning to strength. Long & Foster President Jeffrey Detwiler joins in to discuss trends his company is seeing in the housing market and key concerns for real estate agents and lenders.
- And, two years after the passing of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, many of the law's regulations have yet to be rolled out. BGOV Finance Policy Analyst Cady North examines the effects of the law two years in, and what the financial industry should expect in year three.
||Allen Scott (moderator) specializes in customer on boarding and training at Bloomberg Government. Allen previously worked at Arbitron, Inc. where he served in a variety of roles from customer service to sales operations manager. Prior to Arbitron, Allen worked in radio for several years in the Washington and Baltimore areas. Most recently he spent six years at 99.1 HFS as co-host and news director.|
||Cady North is a finance policy analyst with Bloomberg Government. She joined Bloomberg Government from Financial Executives International, where she was senior manager of government affairs. North has a B.A. in government from the University of Texas at Austin.|
||Nela Richardson is an economic analyst with Bloomberg Government. She was a research economist at the Commodity Futures Trading Commission before joining Bloomberg. Richardson was also a senior economist at Freddie Mac, a researcher at Harvard's Joint Center for Housing Studies, and an adjunct professor of finance at Johns Hopkins. Richardson has a Ph.D. in economics from the University of Maryland, a M.A. from the University of Pennsylvania, and a B.A. from Indiana University.|
||Jeffrey S. Detwiler is president and chief operating officer of The Long & Foster Companies, the parent company of the largest independent residential real estate company in the United States, Long & Foster® Real Estate, Inc. The group of companies is the Mid-Atlantic region's leading provider of homeownership services. In addition to its real estate arm, The Long & Foster® Companies consist of Prosperity Mortgage® Company; Long & Foster® Insurance; and Long & Foster® Settlement Services.|