Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Bloomberg Government's Capital Impact airs Thursdays at 11 a.m. Focusing on the business implications of government actions, Capital Impact explores the effects of government spending in core industries of defense, IT and technology, energy, finance, health care and transportation, and the appropriations process in Congress. For more information about Bloomberg Government, visit them online at BGov.com.
Sizing up the cyber market, Defense M&A targets, and contractor contributions
Thursday - 5/31/2012, 10:39am EDT
- Just how big is the market for defense cybersecurity? A BGOV analysis suggests it could be nearly half the size of commonly accepted estimates. Bloomberg Government Federal Technology Analyst Jason Wilson sizes up the industry, including potential areas of growth and trends that can predict spikes in cybersecurity spending.
- Potential targets for M&A: Could companies holding lucrative multiple award contracts be attracting attention from potential buyers? Defense Financial Analyst Sopen Shah identifies key acquisition targets.
- Contractor contributions: Which presidential candidates are federal contractors - and their employees - putting money behind? Bloomberg Government Data Analyst Peter Brusoe identifies the size and scope of contractor contributions to the campaigns of President Barack Obama, Mitt Romney and political action committees.
||Peter Brusoe is a BGOV data campaign finance analyst. He is a former research associate with the Campaign Finance Institute and a Ph.D. candidate at American University.|
||Allen Scott (moderator) specializes in customer on boarding and training at Bloomberg Government. Allen previously worked at Arbitron, Inc. where he served in a variety of roles from customer service to sales operations manager. Prior to Arbitron, Allen worked in radio for several years in the Washington and Baltimore areas. Most recently he spent six years at 99.1 HFS as co-host and news director.|
||Sopen Shah is a financial analyst with a focus on the defense industry. Prior to joining Bloomberg Government, she was a management consultant at McKinsey & Company. In this position, she focused on corporate strategy in the public and private sectors. She graduated magna cum laude from Harvard University with a degree in philosophy and political science.|
||Jason Wilson is a federal technology analyst with Bloomberg Government. Before joining Bloomberg, he was a cybersecurity policy and strategy consultant with Booz Allen Hamilton working with clients in the intelligence community and Defense Department. He holds a master's degree in government from Georgetown University and is currently working towards a Ph.D.|