Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Government IT budgets are shrinking. Real-time, informed decisions are needed. Now more than ever the federal government needs to track and understand the data terrain to bridge the gap from data to decision. Listen each week to Federal News Radio for The Big Data Report brought to you by MarkLogic - learn more.
USAID using big data to its advantage
Thursday - 6/21/2012, 12:42pm EDT
Chief Information Officer Jerry Horton said his agency is now linking its procurement and financial systems, among others. Connecting the systems enables information to move back and forth freely, allowing for more data mashups to take place.
Horton said the new setup allows USAID to follow the money more easily and gives his agency a level of transparency it hasn't had before.