Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
DoD office helps veterans ease back into civilian life
Monday - 9/17/2012, 10:53am EDT
This week, to help us explore the interaction between service in uniform, civilian work and how employers enable Guard and Reserve service, we speak with several guests from the Defense Department office that was created in 1972 just to handle these issues - Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR):
- Jim Rebholz, national chairman: ESGR's history, mission and how it honors public and private employers who go the extra mile to support employees and families who serve in the Guard and Reserve.
- Maj. Eric Davis, Ombudsman: The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA), the rights it provides to servicemembers and the responsibilities it confers on employers.
- Ron Young, director, DoD Family and Employer Programs and Policy and Sgt. Maj. Wayne Bowser, senior enlisted advisor for family and employer programs: Addressing unemployment in the reserve component, the Yellow Ribbon reintegration program and DoD's new Hero 2 Hired jobs program.