Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
For more than 30 years, the Microsoft and Dell alliance has focused on one primary goal — simplifying IT for customers. Our joint solutions integrate best-in-class software, hardware and services and enable IT efficiency, organizational effectiveness and innovation Dell and Microsoft align to deliver customer-driven, innovative solutions that span the entire Microsoft® product portfolio and support agencies of all sizes. Combine the best of Dell and Microsoft private cloud technology to achieve the security, scalability, reliability and flexibility of the next-generation data center!
Navigating the Private Cloud
Friday - 3/23/2012, 3:49pm EDT
Federal agencies are working hard to comply with the Cloud First mandate evaluating projects that are ready to move to public and private clouds. The concept of a Private Cloud is a computing model that uses resources which are dedicated to your agency.
While virtualization is an important technological component of private cloud, the key differentiator is the continued abstraction of computing resources from infrastructure and the machines (virtual or otherwise) used to deliver those resources. Only by delivering this abstraction can customers achieve the benefits of private cloud - including improved agility and responsiveness, reduced TCO, and increased business alignment and focus. Most importantly, a private cloud promises to exceed the cost effectiveness of a virtualized infrastructure through higher workload density and greater resource utilization.
Join us for a discussion on the benefits of Private cloud and next steps that should be considered.
Moderator: Francis Rose - Host of In-Depth
- Susie Adams, Chief Technology Officer, Microsoft Federal
- Jeffrey Lush, Chief Technology Officer, Dell Services Federal Government
- Thomas Boyce, Deputy CIO, and Director, Office of Information Systems, at the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Kirit Amin, Chief Technology and Innovation Officer, US Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Fred Whiteside, CIPP/G, Project Manager, NIST Cloud Computing Program, Department of Commerce