Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
For more than 30 years, the Microsoft and Dell alliance has focused on one primary goal — simplifying IT for customers. Our joint solutions integrate best-in-class software, hardware and services and enable IT efficiency, organizational effectiveness and innovation Dell and Microsoft align to deliver customer-driven, innovative solutions that span the entire Microsoft® product portfolio and support agencies of all sizes. Combine the best of Dell and Microsoft private cloud technology to achieve the security, scalability, reliability and flexibility of the next-generation data center!
Navigating the Private Cloud
Friday - 3/23/2012, 3:49pm EDT
Federal agencies are working hard to comply with the Cloud First mandate evaluating projects that are ready to move to public and private clouds. The concept of a Private Cloud is a computing model that uses resources which are dedicated to your agency.
While virtualization is an important technological component of private cloud, the key differentiator is the continued abstraction of computing resources from infrastructure and the machines (virtual or otherwise) used to deliver those resources. Only by delivering this abstraction can customers achieve the benefits of private cloud - including improved agility and responsiveness, reduced TCO, and increased business alignment and focus. Most importantly, a private cloud promises to exceed the cost effectiveness of a virtualized infrastructure through higher workload density and greater resource utilization.
Join us for a discussion on the benefits of Private cloud and next steps that should be considered.
Moderator: Francis Rose - Host of In-Depth
- Susie Adams, Chief Technology Officer, Microsoft Federal
- Jeffrey Lush, Chief Technology Officer, Dell Services Federal Government
- Thomas Boyce, Deputy CIO, and Director, Office of Information Systems, at the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Kirit Amin, Chief Technology and Innovation Officer, US Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Fred Whiteside, CIPP/G, Project Manager, NIST Cloud Computing Program, Department of Commerce