Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
GSA's Rung to lead Office of Governmentwide Policy
Thursday - 6/13/2013, 6:45pm EDT
Acting GSA Administrator Dan Tangherlini announced today that Rung, who is GSA's chief acquisition officer, would replace Kathleen Turco. Turco is leaving GSA to become the chief financial officer at the Veterans Health Administration. Her first day at VHA is June 16.
"Anne has been a vital part of our agency since April of last year, serving as our chief acquisition officer and a senior adviser to me on a number of issues. She brings extensive experience in public service at both the state and federal level," Tangherlini wrote in an email to staff, which was obtained by Federal News Radio. "Previously, she served as senior director of administration at the U.S. Department of Commerce, where she led and implemented several management initiatives, including acquisition reform."
Tangherlini said Rung will continue to be CAO in addition to the associate administrator for OGP.
He also offered praise to Turco, who is leaving GSA after 11 years.
"All of us at GSA wish her the best of luck in her new position as the chief financial officer for the Veterans Health Administration at the Department of Veterans Affairs and thank her for her many years of dedication and service. I know that you all join me in wishing her well in her new role in government," Tangherlini said.
In addition to promoting Rung, Tangherlini announced Betsaida Alcantara is the new associate administrator for the Office of Communications and Marketing.
"Betsaida has also been a valuable member of GSA's leadership team since she was appointed GSA's communications director in April of 2012," he wrote. "Prior to joining GSA, she served as the press secretary for the Environmental Protection Agency and has experience working on Capitol Hill. I'm grateful for all she has done to tell the story about all the great work we do at GSA and I hope you all can join her in helping to promote our agency's mission."