Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
GSA's Turco moving to VHA
Friday - 5/31/2013, 11:27am EDT
Turco announced to staff yesterday that she is leaving her role as the associate administrator of governmentwide policy at the General Services Administration.
Photo courtesy of GSA
"It was a difficult decision but I wanted to move back in to CFO work and this position allows me that opportunity plus serving our veterans," Turco wrote in an email to staff that was obtained by Federal News Radio. "We have a great OGP team and I appreciate all that you have done and will continue to do to significantly improve our policy work."
Turco spent 11 years at GSA, including the last three as the head of OGP and almost eight years as GSA's CFO.
Her first day at VHA will be June 16.
Turco oversaw OGP's reorganization, which included moving its technology implementation office to the Office of Citizen Services and Innovative Technologies. That office led the e-government and Data.gov initiatives. Turco also helped with efforts to green both federal buildings and the federal automobile fleet, and tried to improve travel regulations and systems.
Additionally, Turco worked with the Program Manager for the Information Sharing Environment (PM-ISE) to make information sharing across the government easier in part by creating a standards-based acquisition process.
An email to GSA asking who would replace Turco on an interim basis was not immediately returned.