Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Former OMB performance guru Metzenbaum lands new job
Wednesday - 5/29/2013, 5:50pm EDT
Metzenbaum resigned earlier this month after serving as the director of performance and personnel management at the Office of Management and Budget since September 2009.
As the foundation's president, Metzenbaum will oversee the Alliance's efforts to improve the effectiveness of government at all levels.
"Trust in American government has been declining for decades and similar attitudes are evident in other democracies," said Paul Volcker, the founder and chairman of The Volcker Alliance, in a release. "Trust rests on confidence, and too often government, at all levels, in the eyes of its citizens, has been unable to respond effectively to the challenges of the day."
The alliance said it will work with academia, government, business and think tanks on research on government performance, which includes actionable recommendations for policy development and implementation. It also will provide a forum for discussion of new ideas and tools to strengthen policy execution at all levels of government.
"We could not be more pleased and excited to have Shelley join us and lead our effort to improve public management," said Volcker, who worked for the government for 30 years, including two terms as chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve. "She brings a unique set of qualifications and experiences to this large and important task. Rebuilding public trust in our state, local, and federal institutions begins with improving the administration of our policies. Shelley, working with our distinguished board, will lead the institute to bring together our best schools of public service and other interested institutions to help solve the issues that impede policy execution."
The Alliance's board includes Sheila Blair, former Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation chairwoman; Tom Davis, former Republican congressman from Virginia; Alice Rivlin, former director of OMB; and Donna Shalala, former secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services.