Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Association of Government Accountants
The Association of Government Accountants' National Leadership Conference brings together financial-management experts from across government to share best practices and to discuss the latest management and accountability techniques.
2014 AGA National Leadership Conference
Monday - 2/10/2014, 11:44am EST
Federal News Radio spoke with several of the key speakers ahead of their respective panel discussions.
Director, Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness
In sports, as in most of life, preparation is everything. For federal agencies to achieve clean financial audits preparation can take years. A case in point is the Defense Department. It's working hard trying to execute on a comprehensive plan to achieve audit readiness. The deadline is 2017. That's only two fiscal years away. For an overview of the plan, Tom spoke with Margo Sheridan, director of Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness at the Pentagon.
Deputy Assistant Secretary, Financial Operations
Each of the individual military services are doing their part to help the Defense Department reach audit readiness by 2017. Dennis Taitano, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Financial Operations at the Navy, spoke with Tom about how his agency is getting to that point.
U.S. Comptroller General
Government Accountability Office
The Government Accountability Office is in the final stage of developing its next strategic plan. It will detail how GAO plans to support Congress and help improve performance in the federal workspace. For highlights, Tom and Emily turned to Gene Dodaro, the U.S. Comptroller General and the head of the GAO.
Associate Deputy Assistant Secretary for Financial Operations
All of the military branches have until 2017 to have their financial statements in audit-ready condition. The Marine Corps is currently ahead of the pack. For how the Air Force plans to meet the deadline, we turned to Steve Herrera, the Air Force's associate deputy assistant secretary for financial operations. He said the Air Force is making significant progress.