Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Association of Government Accountants
The Association of Government Accountants' National Leadership Conference brings together financial-management experts from across government to share best practices and to discuss the latest management and accountability techniques.
AGA exec: 'We need leadership in financial community'
Thursday - 2/16/2012, 10:15am EST
"We need leadership in the financial community," said Relmond Van Daniker, executive director, Association of Government Accountants. "We need people to step forward."
Van Daniker spoke to Reporter Emily Kopp at the AGA National Leadership Conference on The Federal Drive with Tom Temin.
To foster leadership in the financial community, Van Daniker said that the conference brings together leaders from the private sector and the federal and state governments in order to solve problems.
"The problems cannot be solved solely at the federal level," Van Daniker said. "It's got to work back through the state and local governments, and that's what we hope people take away from this."
This afternoon, the conference offers a session with Rep. Henry Cuellar (D-Texas); Tom Salmon, the state auditor from Vermont; and Kathleen S. Tighe, the new chair of Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board focusing on building partnerships between the federal and state governments.
"We put this program together because these are three leaders, and I think everyone here is going to hear a good and strong program," Van Daniker said.