Doug Bourgeois joined VMware as VP and Federal Chief Cloud Executive in April of 2010. In this role, he leads the development and execution of VMware's cloud computing strategies for the Federal market. He joined VMware from the U.S. Department of the Interior, where he served as the Director of the National Business Center (NBC) since October, 1, 2004.
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
The Federal IT Challenge is a series exploring the administration's aim to fundamentally change how the Federal Government purchases and uses IT, and a discussion around one of the biggest goals, reducing the number of Federal data centers by at least 40 percent by 2015.
IT Reform: Where do we go Next
Policy and Reality: We just celebrated the 10-year anniversary of the eGovernment Act of 2002 in December, and Clinger-Cohen is 17 years old - does the content of those two historic pieces of legislation remain relevant today? Where in the Federal government can IT reform create real impact? What stands in the way of reform? How can those barriers be broken down?
This show explores how to procure relevant technology in a relevant timeframe, reduce risk through performance-based contracting and share-in-savings approaches. Simplify the enterprise by continuing to consolidate IT, virtualize desktops to expand mobility efforts practically, virtualize networks and adopt cloud computing to minimize the costs of LOB activities and improve mission effectiveness.
Moderator: Jason Miller - Executive Editor and host of Ask the CIO, at Federal News Radio