Visit The Virtualization Expert to download educational materials related to the show topics.
Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
The Federal IT Challenge is a series exploring the administration's aim to fundamentally change how the Federal Government purchases and uses IT, and a discussion around one of the biggest goals, reducing the number of Federal data centers by at least 40 percent by 2015.
IT Reform: Where do we go Next
Policy and Reality: We just celebrated the 10-year anniversary of the eGovernment Act of 2002 in December, and Clinger-Cohen is 17 years old - does the content of those two historic pieces of legislation remain relevant today? Where in the Federal government can IT reform create real impact? What stands in the way of reform? How can those barriers be broken down?
This show explores how to procure relevant technology in a relevant timeframe, reduce risk through performance-based contracting and share-in-savings approaches. Simplify the enterprise by continuing to consolidate IT, virtualize desktops to expand mobility efforts practically, virtualize networks and adopt cloud computing to minimize the costs of LOB activities and improve mission effectiveness.
Moderator: Jason Miller - Executive Editor and host of Ask the CIO, at Federal News Radio