Doug Bourgeois joined VMware as VP and Federal Chief Cloud Executive in April of 2010. In this role, he leads the development and execution of VMware's cloud computing strategies for the Federal market. He joined VMware from the U.S. Department of the Interior, where he served as the Director of the National Business Center (NBC) since October, 1, 2004.
Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
The Federal IT Challenge is a series exploring the administration's aim to fundamentally change how the Federal Government purchases and uses IT, and a discussion around one of the biggest goals, reducing the number of Federal data centers by at least 40 percent by 2015.
When Cloud Meets Crowd
Crowdsourcing describes the various methods and processes for getting a sizeable and distributed group of people to accomplish a task, solve a problem, or make a decision. The Cloud is a platform for delivering vast resources and services over the Internet, accessible to anyone regardless of location. The confluence of the "Crowd" and the Cloud will usher in a powerful new software development model for the public sector.
Moderator: Jason Miller - Executive Editor and host of Ask the CIO, at Federal News Radio
Guest: Doug Bourgeois - VP, Federal Chief Cloud Executive, VMware