Doug Bourgeois joined VMware as VP and Federal Chief Cloud Executive in April of 2010. In this role, he leads the development and execution of VMware's cloud computing strategies for the Federal market. He joined VMware from the U.S. Department of the Interior, where he served as the Director of the National Business Center (NBC) since October, 1, 2004.
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
The Federal IT Challenge is a series exploring the administration's aim to fundamentally change how the Federal Government purchases and uses IT, and a discussion around one of the biggest goals, reducing the number of Federal data centers by at least 40 percent by 2015.
Where is the Digital Government Strategy on the Journey to the Cloud?
Monday - 6/11/2012, 12:35pm EDT
OMB just released the Digital Government Strategy, calling upon Federal Agencies to identify and deploy innovative solutions to deliver high quality services to citizens and an increasingly mobile workforce - and to do so with significantly improved efficiency. To accomplish this goal, Federal organizations will need to further eliminate silos, establish a common platform for accessing and managing data and leverage device agnostic/mobile enabled applications. Interested in learning more?
Moderator: Jason Miller - Executive Editor and host of Ask the CIO, at Federal News Radio
Guest: Doug Bourgeois - VP, Federal Chief Cloud Executive, VMware