Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Climate change threatens $100B in Navy installations
Thursday - 3/24/2011, 4:13pm EDT
The National Research Council says that a rise in sea levels of about three feet could jeopardize $100 billion worth of Navy installations.
The findings are part of a report on how climate change could affect the military service. The chief of naval operations requested that report.
Retired Admiral Skip Bowman worked on the projected. He says that climate change could put a lot of stress on operations, especially of the humanitarian kind.