Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Reporters' Roundup: CIO budget authority, DoD procurement policy
Thursday - 3/17/2011, 2:56pm EDT
These are the stories Federal News Radio reporters are working on today.
- Federal Chief Information Officer Vivek Kundra went to the people who control the money to explain why agency CIOs need more budget authority. Kundra today tells House appropriators to overcome a major barrier to having successful technology projects, agency CIOs need to have oversight over funding for commodity IT such as e-mail, storage and other technology that everyone uses. Federal News Radio's Jason Miller has details from the hearing and whether Kundra is making any headway.
- An update today on DoD procurement policy from the man who has that subject in his job title - Shay Assad, the director of procurement and acquisition policy for DoD spoke to an industry conference in Virginia today. Federal News Radio's Jared Serbu was there too and has a wrap-up from the conference.