Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Causey: What's next after new CR?
Wednesday - 3/2/2011, 7:14pm EST
The new spending bill funds government until March 18. So what's next?
WFED's Mike Causey says if there is a shutdown, it will be very different from the partial government shutdowns in 1995 and 1996.
Causey said the good news is that not as big of a percentage of people would be sent home, based on who is considered an excepted employee who is exempt from furlough in a shutdown.
But the bad news is the "distinct possibility" furloughed feds will not get paid this time around.
Historically, Congress has voted after the fact to pay furloughed employees.
But now, Causey said, "Given the mood of this Congress, they could consider [not giving backpay] a savings."