Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Best of DorobekINSIDER: Shutdown analysis
Monday - 2/28/2011, 3:46pm EST
- Senior correspondent Mike Causey compares the political climate of the last shutdown in 1995/96 and the attitudes toward feds now.
- A weekend shutdown is one possible scenario, says Tom Shoop, editor-in-chief of Government Executive. He explains why some lawmakers might favor this approach.
- If you are furloughed, you might be tempted to eye your Thrift Savings Plan funds for fast cash. Tom Trabucco of the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board shares some things to keep in mind if you're considering that route.
Have questions about a government shutdown and federal furlough? Check out the Federal Furlough FAQ.