Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Best of DorobekINSIDER: Shutdown analysis
Monday - 2/28/2011, 3:46pm EST
- Senior correspondent Mike Causey compares the political climate of the last shutdown in 1995/96 and the attitudes toward feds now.
- A weekend shutdown is one possible scenario, says Tom Shoop, editor-in-chief of Government Executive. He explains why some lawmakers might favor this approach.
- If you are furloughed, you might be tempted to eye your Thrift Savings Plan funds for fast cash. Tom Trabucco of the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board shares some things to keep in mind if you're considering that route.
Have questions about a government shutdown and federal furlough? Check out the Federal Furlough FAQ.