Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
How to prepare for mobile federal workplace
Thursday - 2/17/2011, 2:02pm EST
More and more, federal workers and contractors are bringing their Web-connected smart phones and portable gadgets -- like iPads -- into the office.
And more and more, federal agencies and companies that work for government are buying those gadgets for employees to use.
But finding a balance between allowing the devices and security is a challenge.
Josh Stephens, vice president of Technology and Head Geek for Solar Winds, told the DorobekINSIDER that agencies' tech shops need to embrace the change - not avoid it.
Explosion of mobile and wireless technologies: A South African Perspective (CSIR Researchspace)