Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Reporters Roundup: regulation overhaul, Navy IT, replacing NSPS
Tuesday - 1/18/2011, 3:05pm EST
Federal News Radio reporters give an update on the stories they are working on today.
- President Obama today codified much of what agencies were already doing to improve the regulatory process. But one of the major changes will require your agency to review existing regulations to ensure they are still worthwhile. Federal News Radio's Jason Miller joins the DorobekINSIDER with details and analysis of the executive order the President signed Tuesday.
Read the full story.
- The Navy has set goals for its IT efficiency initiative. Leaders plan to have an initial set of data center consolidation targets in place by the end of March. Senior commanders have been told to develop plans for server virtualization by September. Janice Haith, the Navy's Director of Assessment and Compliance for the Information Dominance Directorate, talked to Federal News Radio reporter Jared Serbu about a memo issued last week that updated the service's IT reform efforts. Read the full story.
- In Depth host Francis Rose spoke with former DoD Assistant Secretary Rudy deLeon on replacing NSPS, the Navy's decision to shed officers, and Chinese President Hu Jintao's visit to meet with President Obama, as part of the Pentagon Solution series.