Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
House Armed Services releases new oversight plan
Tuesday - 1/18/2011, 2:00pm EST
Defense News reports that the plan outlines major policy issues - including a national defense strategy; the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, relations with Pakistan and Iran and the war on terrorism.
Meanwhile, the chairman is proposing an overhaul of the Armed Services subcommittee structure.
The Air and Land Forces subcommittee - headed by Rep. Roscoe Bartlett (R-Md.) - would be renamed and would oversee most Army, Air Force and Marine Corps acquisition programs.
A new subcommittee on Seapower and Projection Forces would oversee Navy acquisition programs, Naval Reserve equipment and Marine Corps amphibious assault vehicle programs.
Several programs will be re-evaluated under the new Oversight Plan. They include the cancellation of the Marine Corps' Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle; the Army's Surface-Launched Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missile; and the progress of the delayed Marines' Joint Strike Fighter.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.