Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
House Armed Services releases new oversight plan
Tuesday - 1/18/2011, 2:00pm EST
Defense News reports that the plan outlines major policy issues - including a national defense strategy; the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, relations with Pakistan and Iran and the war on terrorism.
Meanwhile, the chairman is proposing an overhaul of the Armed Services subcommittee structure.
The Air and Land Forces subcommittee - headed by Rep. Roscoe Bartlett (R-Md.) - would be renamed and would oversee most Army, Air Force and Marine Corps acquisition programs.
A new subcommittee on Seapower and Projection Forces would oversee Navy acquisition programs, Naval Reserve equipment and Marine Corps amphibious assault vehicle programs.
Several programs will be re-evaluated under the new Oversight Plan. They include the cancellation of the Marine Corps' Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle; the Army's Surface-Launched Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missile; and the progress of the delayed Marines' Joint Strike Fighter.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.