Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
House Armed Services releases new oversight plan
Tuesday - 1/18/2011, 2:00pm EST
Defense News reports that the plan outlines major policy issues - including a national defense strategy; the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, relations with Pakistan and Iran and the war on terrorism.
Meanwhile, the chairman is proposing an overhaul of the Armed Services subcommittee structure.
The Air and Land Forces subcommittee - headed by Rep. Roscoe Bartlett (R-Md.) - would be renamed and would oversee most Army, Air Force and Marine Corps acquisition programs.
A new subcommittee on Seapower and Projection Forces would oversee Navy acquisition programs, Naval Reserve equipment and Marine Corps amphibious assault vehicle programs.
Several programs will be re-evaluated under the new Oversight Plan. They include the cancellation of the Marine Corps' Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle; the Army's Surface-Launched Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missile; and the progress of the delayed Marines' Joint Strike Fighter.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.