Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
GOP installs new House Armed Services subcommittee heads
Monday - 1/17/2011, 2:30pm EST
One of them is Bob DeGrasse, who has been the number two Democratic staff member on the entire Committee and senior Democratic member of the House strategic forces subcommittee.
DoD Buzz says he's leaving to work on nuclear projects in Bechtel's government relations department. Apparently, only a handful of other Democratic staffers have left.
Meanwhile, the new Republican leadership of the subcommittees has been installed. They include:
- Rep. Mike Turner (R-Ohio) will chair the Strategic Forces subcommittee.
- Rep. Rob Wittman (R-Va.) will chair Oversight and Investigations.
- Rep. Mike Conaway (R-Texas) will chair the Defense Acquisition Reform Panel.
All of this comes with word that the subcommittees may soon see changes made to their titles and jurisdictions.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.