Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
GOP installs new House Armed Services subcommittee heads
Monday - 1/17/2011, 2:30pm EST
One of them is Bob DeGrasse, who has been the number two Democratic staff member on the entire Committee and senior Democratic member of the House strategic forces subcommittee.
DoD Buzz says he's leaving to work on nuclear projects in Bechtel's government relations department. Apparently, only a handful of other Democratic staffers have left.
Meanwhile, the new Republican leadership of the subcommittees has been installed. They include:
- Rep. Mike Turner (R-Ohio) will chair the Strategic Forces subcommittee.
- Rep. Rob Wittman (R-Va.) will chair Oversight and Investigations.
- Rep. Mike Conaway (R-Texas) will chair the Defense Acquisition Reform Panel.
All of this comes with word that the subcommittees may soon see changes made to their titles and jurisdictions.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.