Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
GOP installs new House Armed Services subcommittee heads
Monday - 1/17/2011, 2:30pm EST
One of them is Bob DeGrasse, who has been the number two Democratic staff member on the entire Committee and senior Democratic member of the House strategic forces subcommittee.
DoD Buzz says he's leaving to work on nuclear projects in Bechtel's government relations department. Apparently, only a handful of other Democratic staffers have left.
Meanwhile, the new Republican leadership of the subcommittees has been installed. They include:
- Rep. Mike Turner (R-Ohio) will chair the Strategic Forces subcommittee.
- Rep. Rob Wittman (R-Va.) will chair Oversight and Investigations.
- Rep. Mike Conaway (R-Texas) will chair the Defense Acquisition Reform Panel.
All of this comes with word that the subcommittees may soon see changes made to their titles and jurisdictions.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.