Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Reporters' Roundup: data consolidation, Navy early retirements
Thursday - 1/13/2011, 3:46pm EST
Get details on the stories Federal News Radio reporters are working on today.
- The Energy Department is one of the leaders in meeting the mandate from the Office of Management and Budget to consolidate data centers governmentwide. It will consolidate 89 current data centers to two. At Energy, like all agencies, success is dependent on building trust of the business owners and senior managers. Federal News Radio's Jason Miller joined the DorobekINSIDER with details on how Energy and some other agencies are doing just that. Get the full story tomorrow on the Federal Drive.
- In Depth host Francis Rose talked to James Ledbetter, author of the forthcoming book "Unwarranted Influence: Dwight D. Eisenhower and the Military-Industrial Complex," and the recent NY Times op-ed, "What Ike Got Right" on the ongoing discussion about defense spending.
- The Navy plans to force the early retirement of as many as 200 senior officers. The DorobekINSIDER gets details on who and when from Federal News Radio's Jared Serbu. Read the full story here.