Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Reporters' Roundup: data consolidation, Navy early retirements
Thursday - 1/13/2011, 3:46pm EST
Get details on the stories Federal News Radio reporters are working on today.
- The Energy Department is one of the leaders in meeting the mandate from the Office of Management and Budget to consolidate data centers governmentwide. It will consolidate 89 current data centers to two. At Energy, like all agencies, success is dependent on building trust of the business owners and senior managers. Federal News Radio's Jason Miller joined the DorobekINSIDER with details on how Energy and some other agencies are doing just that. Get the full story tomorrow on the Federal Drive.
- In Depth host Francis Rose talked to James Ledbetter, author of the forthcoming book "Unwarranted Influence: Dwight D. Eisenhower and the Military-Industrial Complex," and the recent NY Times op-ed, "What Ike Got Right" on the ongoing discussion about defense spending.
- The Navy plans to force the early retirement of as many as 200 senior officers. The DorobekINSIDER gets details on who and when from Federal News Radio's Jared Serbu. Read the full story here.