Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Thrift Savings Plan returns 'very positive' in 2010
Monday - 1/3/2011, 5:02pm EST
So how did your Thrift Savings Plan fare?
All TSP funds showed positive returns in 2010 and in some cases the returns were "very positive," said Tom Trabucco, director of External Affairs at the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, in an interview with the DorobekINSIDER.
"It was another very good year going into the ledger books for the TSP," Trabucco said.
The S Fund did particularly well with a 29.06 return in 2010, following a nearly 35 percent return in 2009, Trabucco said. However, the last two positive years were preceded by a -38.32 return in 2008, he said.
"Over time, these things do tend to come back and get back into a groove and start to work again," Trabucco said.
The "never have a bad day" G Fund had a 2.81 percent return in 2010. The I Fund had nearly 8 percent and F Fund 6.71 percent. Also, the C Fund had more than a 15 percent return last year.
Returns for December only, however, were not positive across-the-board, with a -1 percent return for the F Fund.
December is the last month that includes the L 2010 Fund. At the end of this month, the L 2050 Fund will be launched, Trabucco said.
Thrift Savings Plan December returns
|Fund||G Fund||F Fund||C Fund||S Fund||I Fund|
|L Funds||L Income||L 2010||L 2020||L 2030||L 2040|