Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Thrift Savings Plan returns 'very positive' in 2010
Monday - 1/3/2011, 5:02pm EST
So how did your Thrift Savings Plan fare?
All TSP funds showed positive returns in 2010 and in some cases the returns were "very positive," said Tom Trabucco, director of External Affairs at the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, in an interview with the DorobekINSIDER.
"It was another very good year going into the ledger books for the TSP," Trabucco said.
The S Fund did particularly well with a 29.06 return in 2010, following a nearly 35 percent return in 2009, Trabucco said. However, the last two positive years were preceded by a -38.32 return in 2008, he said.
"Over time, these things do tend to come back and get back into a groove and start to work again," Trabucco said.
The "never have a bad day" G Fund had a 2.81 percent return in 2010. The I Fund had nearly 8 percent and F Fund 6.71 percent. Also, the C Fund had more than a 15 percent return last year.
Returns for December only, however, were not positive across-the-board, with a -1 percent return for the F Fund.
December is the last month that includes the L 2010 Fund. At the end of this month, the L 2050 Fund will be launched, Trabucco said.
Thrift Savings Plan December returns
|Fund||G Fund||F Fund||C Fund||S Fund||I Fund|
|L Funds||L Income||L 2010||L 2020||L 2030||L 2040|