10:46 pm, May 18, 2013
Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Best of the DorobekINSIDER: Keeping top talent, telework pitfalls
Friday - 12/31/2010, 2:09pm EST
For the rest of the year, the DorobekINSIDER brings you the best interviews of 2010.
- You work hard to recruit top talent -- What can you do to keep them on the job? The Partnership for Public Service's Tim McManus says agencies need to pay attention to attrition.
- Supporters of telework say it saves costs and time and makes employees happier and more productive. But is there a down side to telework? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey explains the potential pitfalls.
- Starting early 2011, the Office of the Special Counsel will start investigating discrimination claims from veterans. OSC's Patrick Boulay explains how the office will share caseload with the Labor Department, and what veterans can expect to see out of these investigations.