Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
VA battles unsecured systems in cloud
Wednesday - 12/22/2010, 3:46pm EST
Roger Baker, VA's assistant secretary in the Office of Information and Technology and chief information officer, said the VA will shut down the use of these unsecured systems.
But Baker said he knows VA also has to find a solution to this growing need of making data accessible from anywhere. If not, the department's employees will find their own way to access data that could violate privacy laws.
Federal News Radio's Jason Miller joined the DorobekINSIDER with details on VA's problem.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update brought to you by Tripwire. For more cybersecurity news, click here.