Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
VA battles unsecured systems in cloud
Wednesday - 12/22/2010, 3:46pm EST
Roger Baker, VA's assistant secretary in the Office of Information and Technology and chief information officer, said the VA will shut down the use of these unsecured systems.
But Baker said he knows VA also has to find a solution to this growing need of making data accessible from anywhere. If not, the department's employees will find their own way to access data that could violate privacy laws.
Federal News Radio's Jason Miller joined the DorobekINSIDER with details on VA's problem.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update brought to you by Tripwire. For more cybersecurity news, click here.