Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Mail mix-up won't affect Air Force contract selection
Tuesday - 11/23/2010, 5:04pm EST
Air Force officials said Sunday that the mishap will not affect the selection of a winner for the $35 billion contract. They said the two competing companies - Boeing and EADS - were mistakenly sent a limited amount of data on each others' offers. Those offers are still under government review.
Sean O'Keefe, chief executive officer for EADS' North American operations, told Bloomberg he believes the mix-up was an honest mistake and that the Air Force responded promptly to it by sending out the correct assessments.
O'Keefe said the Air Force asked for additional information from both companies last week, saying that was a sign the process isn't shutting down any time soon.
As the process appears to move forward, the Air Force has fired two people involved in the mail mix-up, Associated Press reports.
Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Norton Schwartz called the mistake a "profound disappointment."
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.