Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Bill to require private sector reporting of cyber attacks
Thursday - 11/18/2010, 5:19pm EST
The bill comes in the wake of the Stuxnet worm. The debilitating botnet has the potential to bring down industrial operations like water treatment and manufacturing.
The Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee is also considering expanding the role of the Homeland Security Department.
Next Gov reports, The committee is negotiating with other Senate panels, such as the Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee to pass comprehensive cyber legislation.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update brought to you by Tripwire. For more cybersecurity news, click here.