Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Bill to require private sector reporting of cyber attacks
Thursday - 11/18/2010, 5:19pm EST
The bill comes in the wake of the Stuxnet worm. The debilitating botnet has the potential to bring down industrial operations like water treatment and manufacturing.
The Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee is also considering expanding the role of the Homeland Security Department.
Next Gov reports, The committee is negotiating with other Senate panels, such as the Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee to pass comprehensive cyber legislation.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update brought to you by Tripwire. For more cybersecurity news, click here.