Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Greater savings opportunities in DoD budget cuts
Monday - 11/15/2010, 3:26pm EST
The commission wants to roll back defense spending, a plan that is supposed to save Americans over $ 1 trillion dollars in the next 10 years.
Carl Conetta, co-director of the Project on Defense Alternatives, said we're on the right track with defense cuts.
But Conetta told the DorobekINSIDER that there are even more savings from the defense budget to be had.
Read the draft proposal at The New York Times.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.