Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
POGO: Risks in DoD scaleback of small contract oversight
Tuesday - 11/2/2010, 5:48pm EDT
The Defense Contract Audit Agency has decided to scale back its audits of smaller contracts, which are fixed price contracts of less than $10 million.
This decrease in oversight of smaller contracts could end up putting billions of dollars at risk at a time when the Defense Department is scrutinizing spending, according to the Project On Government Oversight, a nonpartisan watchdog group that investigations the federal government.
Nick Schwellenbach, director of investigations at POGO , joined the DorobekINSIDER to explain the potential impact of the changes.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.