Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
POGO: Risks in DoD scaleback of small contract oversight
Tuesday - 11/2/2010, 5:48pm EDT
The Defense Contract Audit Agency has decided to scale back its audits of smaller contracts, which are fixed price contracts of less than $10 million.
This decrease in oversight of smaller contracts could end up putting billions of dollars at risk at a time when the Defense Department is scrutinizing spending, according to the Project On Government Oversight, a nonpartisan watchdog group that investigations the federal government.
Nick Schwellenbach, director of investigations at POGO , joined the DorobekINSIDER to explain the potential impact of the changes.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.