Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Chiarelli calls for overhaul of Army acquisition system
Thursday - 10/28/2010, 4:03pm EDT
According to Dod Buzz, General Peter Chiarelli stops short of saying the entire acquisition system should be scrapped. But, he is pushing for big changes. The general says the Army needs a system that works better and delivers high-quality weapons in a reasonable amount of time.
He says an important new tool toward that effort will be the Army's portfolio reviews, which compares systems with overlapping missions and compares their costs and benefits.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report brought to you by Dell. For more defense news, click here.