Webb holds DoD nominations over JFCOM closing

Tuesday - 10/26/2010, 4:47pm EDT

Sen. Jim Webb (D-Va.) said he will place a hold on all DoD nominations to civilian and flag or general officer positions until he receives information from the Pentagon about the proposed closing of the Joint Forces Command in Norfolk, Va.

A release from the Senator's office said Webb asked DoD for information on JFCOM staff levels, but that so far he has only received a superficial response. Webb is also frustrated by the apparent lack of analysis of a proposal that would affect about 6,000 workers.

Moreover, Webb said the Pentagon's unresponsiveness is indicative of a lack of cooperation that has characterized the entire proposal.

This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report brought to you by Dell. For more defense news, click here.