Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
DoD finds simple security solution for telework
Thursday - 10/21/2010, 4:16pm EDT
The Air Force Research Lab has developed a telework solution for DoD using an inexpensive software called Lightweight Portable Security.
LPS is a bootable, open-source software that can be used with most Windows, Macintosh or Linux computers. It transforms just about any computer into a terminal that's secure for browsing, cloud computing or network access.
To learn more about LPS from an interview on the Federal Drive, and how to get a free copy of the software, click here.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report brought to you by Dell. For more defense news, click here.