Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Navy's Guidance aims to improve efficiency
Tuesday - 10/19/2010, 4:37pm EDT
Chief of Naval Operations Admiral Gary Roughead reaffirmed three focus areas in the 15-page document:
- Building the future force
- Maintaining warfighting readiness
- Supporting sailors, as well as civilians, and their families.
In the Guidance, Adm. Roughead said the Navy remains committed to winning the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. As the United States draws down ground forces in that region, Adm. Roughead also said it will be increasingly important to maintain a strong naval presence, especially in the western Pacific and Indian Ocean, areas vital to shipping and trade.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report brought to you by Dell. For more defense news, click here.