Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Best of the DorobekINSIDER
Monday - 10/11/2010, 1:41pm EDT
On this Columbus Day holiday, the DorobekINSIDER brings you the best recent stories we think are worth another listen.
- Toss out the time card, get more productive employees
Imagine a work world without a schedule, meetings or an office building -- where the total focus is on results. The concept is called the Results-Only Work Environment (ROWE).
In April, the federal government launched a ROWE pilot program that let 400 federal employees "work whenever they want and wherever they want, as long as the work gets done." The Office of Personnel Management announced last week that it would extend the ROWE program through 2011.
After the initial launch of the pilot program, the DorobekINSIDER spoke with Jody Thompson, co-founder of ROWE, about how this concept can create happier, more productive workers. Thompson is also co-author of the book, "Why Work Sucks and How to Fix It: No Schedules, No Meetings, No Joke -- the Simple Change That Can Make Your Job Terrific."
- Federal News Radio Book Club highlights
What motivates people? That fundamental question is the basis of Daniel Pink's book, Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us.
"Drive" was the subject of Federal News Radio's latest Book Club discussion. Pink spoke with the DorobekINSIDER about the misconceptions about motivation and how it's not just about money when it comes to motivating in the workplace.
The discussion also included Tim McManus, vice president for the Partnership for Public Service and Steve Ressler, the founder of GovLoop and co-founder of Young Government Leaders.
And get ready for the next Book Club selection: "The New Social Learning: A Guide to Transforming Organizations Through Social Media." The DorobekINSIDER talked to co-author Tony Bingham about the book as a preview to the Nov. 12 Book Club discussion.