Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
DorobekINSIDER on the catwalk at Geek2Chic
Thursday - 10/7/2010, 7:11pm EDT
I love fun ideas — and this sure struck me as a fun idea. It’s called Geek2Chic — and this great idea comes from Microsoft’s Mark Drapeau. The concept: Take “geeks” — somehow I made the cut — and turn them chic.
As Drapeau explained on Federal News Radio 1500 AM’s DorobekINSIDER last week, Geek2Chic is essentially a fashion show. They will have a model for the closes, and then us “geeks” will explain what we do.
And it benefits The Heart of America Foundation, a national nonprofit headquartered in DC that combines volunteerism and literacy, and focuses on providing children in need with the tools to read, succeed and make a difference.
Join Microsoft and Bloomingdale’s for geek2chic, an intimate fashion show featuring the capital region’s top techies, as they trade in their cubicles for the catwalk – all for a good cause!
Everyone is invited to attend. This unique fashion show will showcase male models who’ve made great strides in the technological world.
Make a Difference
Ticket proceeds will benefit The Heart of America Foundation, a national nonprofit headquartered in DC that combines volunteerism and literacy, and focuses on providing children in need with the tools to read, succeed and make a difference.
In addition, 10% of all purchases at The Men’s Store will benefit The Heart of America Foundation.
VIP tickets include catwalk seating, open bar, The Men’s Store discount (Chevy Chase location), and a VIP gift from The Heart of America Foundation.