Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
DorobekINSIDER on the catwalk at Geek2Chic
Thursday - 10/7/2010, 7:11pm EDT
I love fun ideas — and this sure struck me as a fun idea. It’s called Geek2Chic — and this great idea comes from Microsoft’s Mark Drapeau. The concept: Take “geeks” — somehow I made the cut — and turn them chic.
As Drapeau explained on Federal News Radio 1500 AM’s DorobekINSIDER last week, Geek2Chic is essentially a fashion show. They will have a model for the closes, and then us “geeks” will explain what we do.
And it benefits The Heart of America Foundation, a national nonprofit headquartered in DC that combines volunteerism and literacy, and focuses on providing children in need with the tools to read, succeed and make a difference.
Join Microsoft and Bloomingdale’s for geek2chic, an intimate fashion show featuring the capital region’s top techies, as they trade in their cubicles for the catwalk – all for a good cause!
Everyone is invited to attend. This unique fashion show will showcase male models who’ve made great strides in the technological world.
Make a Difference
Ticket proceeds will benefit The Heart of America Foundation, a national nonprofit headquartered in DC that combines volunteerism and literacy, and focuses on providing children in need with the tools to read, succeed and make a difference.
In addition, 10% of all purchases at The Men’s Store will benefit The Heart of America Foundation.
VIP tickets include catwalk seating, open bar, The Men’s Store discount (Chevy Chase location), and a VIP gift from The Heart of America Foundation.