Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
USNORTHCOMM director receives third star
Monday - 10/4/2010, 5:58pm EDT
Lt. General Frank Grass was also promoted to the position of deputy commander of USNORTHCOM. That's the joint command that was formed in the wake of the September 11th terrorist attacks to provide homeland defense and support to civil authorities.
A ceremony was hosted in Colorado Springs by the Commander of North American Aerospace Defense Command and the Chief of the National Guard Bureau.
Navy Admiral James Winnefeld, Junior and Air Force General Craig McKinley joined with more than 60 state National Guard representatives to honor General Grass.
Grass enlisted in the Missouri Army National Guard in October 1969. He has since served in a variety of command and staff positions as a traditional National Guard soldier, and on active duty.
He's been the Director of Operations for USNORTHCOM since September of 2008.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report brought to you by Dell. For more defense news, click here.