Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Debate over government size plays out in consumer commission
Tuesday - 9/28/2010, 5:51pm EDT
With the November midterm elections approaching, Republicans are positioning themselves in firm in opposition to the Obama administration's initiatives.
Tom Shoop, editor-in-chief at Government Executive Magazine, joined the DorobekINSIDER to discuss how the debate is playing out in the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Last week CPSC created a new Office of Education, Global Outreach, and Small Business Ombudsman to "carry out education and outreach activities," Government Executive reports.
The CPSC Chairman Inez Tenenbaum lauded the move. But a Republican commissioner took a different view, saying creating a new program was "simply irresponsible."