Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Debate over government size plays out in consumer commission
Tuesday - 9/28/2010, 5:51pm EDT
With the November midterm elections approaching, Republicans are positioning themselves in firm in opposition to the Obama administration's initiatives.
Tom Shoop, editor-in-chief at Government Executive Magazine, joined the DorobekINSIDER to discuss how the debate is playing out in the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
Last week CPSC created a new Office of Education, Global Outreach, and Small Business Ombudsman to "carry out education and outreach activities," Government Executive reports.
The CPSC Chairman Inez Tenenbaum lauded the move. But a Republican commissioner took a different view, saying creating a new program was "simply irresponsible."