Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
What are the top concerns for IT experts?
Friday - 9/17/2010, 3:20pm EDT
Author Dan Lohrmann, the chief tech officer for Michigan, writes that these two issues were also top priorities for European CIOs five years ago.
With the increased consumerization of IT and the evolution of cloud computing, consolidation and security will remain top priorities for IT experts in the next five years, Lohrmann predicted.
He writes, "My view is that we'll always have bad guys that we'll battle in cyberspace. We haven't outgrown bank robbers in the past hundred years. History tells us that Internet banking and other online transactions will attract those who will break laws for personal financial gain. While I'm optimistic about the future, there will continue to be a dark side to the Internet and malware storms in 'the cloud.'"
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update brought to you by Tripwire. For more cybersecurity news, click here.