Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
What are the top concerns for IT experts?
Friday - 9/17/2010, 3:20pm EDT
Author Dan Lohrmann, the chief tech officer for Michigan, writes that these two issues were also top priorities for European CIOs five years ago.
With the increased consumerization of IT and the evolution of cloud computing, consolidation and security will remain top priorities for IT experts in the next five years, Lohrmann predicted.
He writes, "My view is that we'll always have bad guys that we'll battle in cyberspace. We haven't outgrown bank robbers in the past hundred years. History tells us that Internet banking and other online transactions will attract those who will break laws for personal financial gain. While I'm optimistic about the future, there will continue to be a dark side to the Internet and malware storms in 'the cloud.'"
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update brought to you by Tripwire. For more cybersecurity news, click here.