Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Strides made to harmonize IT security systems across agencies
Thursday - 9/16/2010, 5:25pm EDT
The Government Accountability Office has just released its 38-page report praising a task force made up of civilian, defense, and intelligence agencies for their effective implementation of information security controls across interconnected systems.
GAO says the task force created the processes and guidance for a unified information security framework but it did leave room for improvement, saying additional work remains to fully realize the benefits of the harmonized guidance.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update brought to you by Tripwire. For more cybersecurity news, click here.