Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
DorobekINSIDER: Tamela Riggs named GSA FAS assistant commissioner
Wednesday - 9/8/2010, 6:14pm EDT
Some changes at GSA’s Federal Acquisition Service. Tamela “Tami” Riggs will move from GSA’s Public Building Service and has been named to the post of Assistant Commissioner, Office of Customer Accounts and Research for GSA’s Federal Acquisition Service.
Riggs will replace Gary Feit, who has announced that he is retiring next spring.
Here is the note from GSA Administrator Martha Johnson:
From: Administrator Martha Johnson
Re: A Move That Counts
I am happy to announce today that Tamela Riggs will be assuming the position of Assistant Commissioner, Office of Customer Accounts and Research in the Federal Acquisition Service (FAS).
This move is significant in a number of ways. First, Gary Feit who has held that position will be retiring next spring. We want to avoid the discontinuity that occurs when we wait for a position to be vacant before beginning the process of filling it. Therefore, we are allowing for an overlap so that Gary can help Tami as she steps into the position. This is an important aspect of succession management, creating an appropriate overlap so institutional memory isn’t lost and the organization is not caught in leadership limbo.
Second, Tami is moving from PBS to FAS. I can’t emphasize enough the value I place on all of our executives holding a GSA enterprise perspective. Having experience in various service or staff offices enriches a leader’s perspective, builds networks, and demonstrates an eagerness and ability to change.
Hurray to Tami — and others — who are willing to make such moves. Their actions speak louder than all the words we can puff about change.
Congratulations to Tami on the move and let’s all look for opportunities to continue to model the message of change.
And the message sent to FAS Staff from Steve Kempf:
Subject: FAS Leadership Announcements
I am pleased to announce several additions and changes in GSA’s Federal Acquisition Service leadership team.
Gary Feit will be joining the FAS Commissioner’s staff as a Senior Advisor to the Deputy Commissioner. In this role, he will reach out to industry associations, top officials at customer agencies and other stakeholders to improve the quality and effectiveness of FAS programs. Gary has held many positions throughout his GSA career – in the Regions, in various business portfolios and most recently as FAS Assistant Commissioner for Customer Accounts and Research. He has extensive experience managing customer relationships through training and business outreach initiatives including the GSA Expo. His deep understanding and thorough knowledge of FAS programs gives him a valuable perspective that will be useful in this new role.
Tami Riggs will be joining the FAS team as the Assistant Commissioner for Customer Accounts and Research. Most recently, Tami has served GSA’s Public Buildings Service as the Acting Assistant Commissioner for Organizational Resources where she successfully planned and implemented business strategies to meet GSA customer needs. She has a deep knowledge of both FAS and PBS business portfolios, having worked in each organization during her career. Tami has a proven track record which will help her be successful in deepening FAS relationships with our customers.
Marty Jennings will join the FAS General Supplies and Services Portfolio as the Deputy Assistant Commissioner. Marty has over 35 years of government experience, serving in the U.S. Army and most recently as Director of Logistics at the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. His leadership and program management skills gained from his career as a soldier and as an officer, combined with his expertise in logistics, prepare him well to assist leading the GSS Portfolio employees and programs to future success.
Please join me in congratulating Gary, Tami, and Marty as they undertake these leadership roles in FAS. Their spirit of service, commitment to innovative thinking and collaborative approach to building business solutions that work for customers will help FAS shape its future and ensure many years.