Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Aerospace industry anticipates larger workforce
Friday - 8/27/2010, 5:06pm EDT
- In the next couple of years the Aerospace industry will be hiring more than 15,000 employees -- but what will the new workforce look like. Aviation Week has just released their 9th annual WorkForce Study -- and this year the report also surveyed potential new hires and college students. Their goal is to see what these potential hires are looking for in an Aerospace job. Tony Velocci is the editor and chief of Aviation Week and Space Technology Magazine. He says the current crop of aeropace workers is aging.
- Air Force headquarters is restructuring parts of its space program. Air Force Secretary Michael Donley says the changes will streamline space operations, and will apply only to headquarters; not field offices. Richard McKinney, who was recently named deputy undersecretary for Space Programs, led the review. It involved over 70 key people and organizations, including the Air Force, Department of Defense, Congress and other space related groups within government and the commercial sector. Among the changes, the Air Force undersecretary will take charge of the space program. Also, the responsibility of space acquisition has been realigned from the undersecretary of the Air Force's office to the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition. Secretary Donley says the changes will allow Air Force to perform space work in a more streamlined and effective way, with the ultimate goal of providing the best space support to the warfighter.
Check out all of Federal News Radio's coverage of Defense issues here.